Ken Grohe, President of LeverageGTM has an impressive history as a leader executing productivity, security and storage in SaaS industries. Some of his success stories include:
- Rapidly grew SignNow (now part of airSlate) from $200k ARR to well over $59M ARR more than doubling annually with negligible churn to win 2018 Gartner and 2016-7 Top Enterprise Software
- Pivoted CUDA from $300M of appliances to $400M of SaaS via the award-winning Essentials for Office365 (Microsoft Partner of the Year)
- Drove Virident (Sequoia funded) from <$3M of bookings to successful $685M exit in less than 18 months
On today’s episode Ken gives some great insight for those interviewing or just starting out in their first sales career. “You should probably bob and weave and move companies every 2-3 years. If you’re not getting promoted it’s time to go.” Ken got his start in sales at a young age selling greeting cards door-to-door out of the back of a magazine. He’s since leveled up as consultant for start-ups in Silicon Valley.
Tune in to today’s episode to learn from a leader in sales whose hustle and tenacity has helped him rise to the top!
Watch or listen to this episode:
- “If you’re in a world where 90% of the time you ask a question, the answer is no, you get used to it.” (7:52-7:57)
- “You should probably bob-and-weave and move companies every 2-3 years. If you’re not getting promoted, it’s time to go.” (10:11-10:18)
- “It doesn’t really matter the type of school you went to or even your overall GPA. If you have a natural curiosity, and you have great empathy skills, great.” (18:16-18:23)
- “If someone says they never lose, never lost a deal, they’re foolish or their activities are low, or there’s some blind spots they are not aware of.” (27:31-27:38)